Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Action!

Hello out there.

So this last week has been interesting. Next to our apartment building is a large empty lot. Last week I came home in the evening on my day off and in the lot were lots of tables, bright lights and what looked like a camera crew. I was rather curious as to what the heck was going on.
One of the security guards in my building speaks English so I asked him what was going on.
He informed me that they are shooting a scene for a television show. It's supposed to look like a night market.
All I can say to that is they're going to have to do some pretty good editing or go to an actual night market to film filler shots. Most of the major night markets here (in the Taipei area at least) are huge and usually jam packed with people. It's often difficult to move down the street because you have to press through masses of people.
I'll try and remember to take some pics next time I go to one and show you.

This is the lot across the street

A closer view of a camera and light.
Friday October tenth is a holiday in Taiwan. It's know as 10/10 day or double ten day. It is their national day and celebrates the start of the Wuchang Uprising of October 10, 1911 (1911-10-10), which led to the collapse of the Qing Dynasty according to Wikipedia.
Since it is a national holiday we get the day off of work. Woohooo!
I am going to Hulian and Taroko Gorge with some friends. I will definitely be taking lots of pictures.
I anticipate a good time.

No comments: