Sunday, November 23, 2008

Tree House Kiddies

I thought I would share a couple pics with you of some of the kids I have been teaching.
These are my treehouse students. At Hess kids that attend their kindergarten program continue on through the treehouse program. Hess has several different curriculums aimed at different ages and abilities.
The hope is that since these kids have been learning English since they were 3 they will have better speaking skills. (I won't comment at this time of what I think of the program). It has been re-vamped and I think the students entering the new program have a much better English education ahead of them.
These pictures are from the end of the year play we have to put on for the parents. I wrote a fairy tale spin off where the characters all want their parts changed for one reason or another, or we get to see them before they get to the part of the story we read about. It went fairly well except one of the main narrators forgot half of his lines and wouldn't actually look at the audience. I was not pleased with him. They have to do this every year so the kids are used to it. Ah the joys of working with young obstinant children.


The kids decided they wanted to sing YMCA as one of their songs for the play. Here they are practicing.

No comments: