Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New Job

Hello all my loving friends and readers. (also to those of you who are not so loving)
As you may have gleaned from the post title I have found myself a new job.
Yay!
I will be coming back to Taiwan and working for a private junior/senior high school called Wego (pronounce it how it looks or say way-go).
I am quite happy with this, because I have heard good things about this school and it's in an area of Taipei called Beitou that I really want to live in.
The awesome thing about this is that it's a real school and not a cram school. I get to play at being a real teacher.
Now I have the stress of figuring out what to do with myself for the next year of two figured out. Next I have to deal with all the new stresses that crop up when you find new job.
I need to find a place to live, get a health check, pack, figure out where to store stuff while I'm gone, move the stuff to that place or places, do a bunch of paperwork in an attempt to legally work here again. . . .
That's just the stuff I can think of off the top of my head.
Despite all of that I am excited about the new job and about returning to Taiwan for a bit longer.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!!

I figured you would get something that you wanted. Native english speakers are in demand...especially ones with teaching degrees! I'm so happy for you!!!

Unknown said...

It also appears that there are a lot of schools in the area of Wego School. So, are you still coming home this month then?

Tanya said...

Hey Chris,
Yes, I'm still coming home. I have to. I miss everyone and really need a little time in a place where I can read all the signs and speak to everyone without sounding like a 2 year old learning her first words. I'll see you soon. : )