Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Finding

Tuesdays I get done with work at four o'clock. This is lovely because it gives me a little time to do whatever it is I feel like doing.
Today I chose to treat myself to some Sababa (middle eastern food. sooo delicious) and then wander around the Tien Mu area, which has a pretty heavy Western influence so it's much easier to find stuff from home. The weather was just beautiful. The morning started out sunny with a mild breeze. As the afternoon came on it clouded over a bit, but not in that impending downpour way. Just enough to keep the air pleasantly cool for walking several miles.
I set out from my early dinner with the intention of finding a yogurt maker, ya know, cause I'm lazy that way. A friend told me about the place where he got his, but the direction I was heading in I would have to make that my last stop. Anyway, I set out and just up the street from the restaurant is Wellman's. This is a little grocery store that one of my co-worker's has been telling me about for months, but I had never taken the time to find before. It only carries Western foods. No strange Chinese foods with fun pictures that make whatever is in the can look extra scary and disgusting.
They have mini-marshmallows!!!! I made my sister bring me a couple bags when she came to visit me because I can't find them anywhere and I finally found them. Oh happy day! This is now officially my favorite store in Taipei.
After leaving Wellman's I backtracked a little bit because I saw an organic foods store and they usually sell yogurt makers. They did in fact have yogurt makers, but it was more expensive than I was looking for. I headed over to another organic store that I knew of , but they did not have any.
Now to head off to the one my friend told me about. On the way over I stopped in the Takashimaya (Japanese department store that is no different from any of the other department stores in this country. It just has a Japanese name that's fun to say. Go ahead. You know you want to) because I really needed to use the bathroom.
I find the third organic store in my journey and they do in fact have yogurt makers and this one is also more money than I'm willing to spend. Good grief. They also don't seem to have the model that my friend has anymore. He only spent something like 600NT on it. That's about $20 and something I can handle. Well I'll see him this Thursday and will ask him again.
Until then have a good week all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forgot to wish you a Happy Memorial Day.
Mom
Just realized you probably didn't get my first comment on your first new blog cause I forgot to fill in the word verification.

Anonymous said...

Reading your last two blogs I am getting ideas for Christmas presents. They are interesting, keep them coming.
MOM

Anonymous said...

I need to catch up on your blog. :)

David Ahlberg

PS- Hi!!! :)