Sunday, October 10, 2010

Diamond Alloy

I had a fun weekend of finding things that I have been wanting, but not necessarily needing.
I'm trying to cook and bake more at home, but it's hard to find good kitchen equipment that's not hella expensive in this country. I was wandering through a C!ty Super, which is a high end grocery store that carries more Western types of food than most. I came across these colorful measuring cups that actually hold the proper amounts. I realized why I had been having to adjust amounts of ingredients in my recipes was because the measuring cups from Ikea are crap. The one cup measure from Ikea is more like half a cup. I had nothing to compare it to until now.
See how pretty.

In another aisle I found a knife sharpener that I know how to use and was a reasonable price. I'd seen a couple others in the high end department stores for anywhere between $40-80 dollars. This one was about $15. Yay! Now I can make my knives a bit sharper.

No comments: