Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Kink in the Hose

Well today is one of those days where it is beautiful and sunny out (granted a bit chilly, but it is Wisconsin) and I have the motivation to get the house cleaned and do stuff. I will instead, much to my delight, be hobbling around in moderate amounts of pain due the fact that I have thrown my back out. Hooray for me!
It figures. It's been a couple years since I've really had any lower back issues. I knew it wouldn't last forever. I was hoping though. I am off to try and lessen the ache and to try and accomplish at least a few things with my day.

On the positive side, my progress towards leaving the country is going well. I got my medical paperwork sent in to the Taiwanese Economic and Cultural Office which is located in Chicago.
I failed to send it registered mail so I was a little worried that it wouldn't get there and I wouldn't find out until it was too late. Happily I heard from them two days after I sent it. Of course then I was worried that something was wrong with the paperwork and I was going to have to do it all over again. They just needed me to fax the picture page of my passport to them. So I did that and now I wait. Once again. I so enjoy the waiting.

It hit me the other day at work just how fast this month is going by. Thanksgiving is only a few days away. (4 1/2 as I write this). All my paperwork needs to be in Taipei by Dec 1st. I believe I'm going to be shelling out the money to have it shipped overnight. Just as long as it gets there on time.

No comments: