Thursday, February 21, 2008




This is Taipei 101. I believe it is currently the second tallest building in the world at 101 stories.
The building is designed to resemble lucky bamboo. I went to the observation level and took some pictures, but as you can see in the background it is overcast and rainy and the pictures didn't turn out well at all. I will go back on a clear day eventually and take more pics.

Getting there was my first experience on a bus that uses no English. Lucky for me one of the guys in our group that I made friends with (Jeff) speaks Mandarin and can read some of it too. We got there and back with no trouble at all.

If you want to find out more about the building and the area surrounding it (lots of high end shopping like Prada and Gucci) visit this website http://www.taipei101mall.com.tw/en/corp/company/abouttaipei101.asp

Please let me know if it doesn't work. I'm still figuring things out with this blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, your link works just wonderfully! I talked to mom today and she said you called in the morning. I didn't realize Skype(sp?) doesn't work with cell phones - in fact, I really have no idea how it works. I should look into that.
She told me about the apartment with the other girls and how it's already furnished and supplied with basic household needs - not to mention air conditioning! I'm so happy for you.
Speaking of air conditioning, what is the weather like over there?

Love all the pictures! Keep them coming. Got any of the people you're meeting?

Love you!
Karina